Friday, July 5, 2013

The Running/Living Balance

June provided for a flurry of activity.  We moved into a “fixer-upper” home; celebrated several birthdays (including my own); traveled to Pullman, WA (Moscow, ID) for my cousin’s wedding; headed to Long Beach, CA for the National Jump Rope Championship and a visit to Issac’s family; and kept a calendar full of events.  With so much going on and so much celebrating to do, it was difficult to rigidly adhere to my marathon training plan… But I tried my best!

I brought my running shoes with me wherever I went and found myself racking up mileage in unique settings—like on a hotel treadmill, down the Palouse Trail, and along the Long Beach waterfront.   However, I still managed to miss several of the runs that were scheduled on my calendar.   =(  I also slept-in on lots of “super-early run days,” as I was just too tired to drag myself out of bed when the alarm sounded.

Yet, July is a new month!   I have a newfound commitment to completing [almost] every mile on my plan from now on.  I know that life happens, and I’m not going to let marathon training entirely consume my life. But I feel refocused and reenergized as I continue onward and upward!  It should be a nice balance of fun/torture/personal improvement/personal fulfillment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment