Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fremont Oktoberfest 5K

Teams were in groups of four.  Our team consisted of Chris, Issac,
 myself, and Rachel.  Rachel and Issac will be running the
PDX Marathon, too! 
In the spirit of getting all of the prerace jitters out with a fun race before the big marathon, we recently took part in the Fremont Oktoberfest 5K.  It was a great event!

I will now provide you with all of my stats (just to be consistent with my previous posts): pace= 8:02 per mile, place in my division = 18 out of 199, place out of female finishers = 38 out of 557, and place overall = 148 out of 971.  I had a great time at this race, although I was just slightly disappointed my pace wasn’t just a bit faster.  My Runkeeper app had me tracking at 7:47-minute miles, so I’d led myself to believe I’d have a better time.  Oh, well!  My legs were still a bit tired from the previous day’s long run, which had included several mountainous hills.  Thus, I was still happy nonetheless.

The next time I have a race number pinned to my shirt will be in Portland!

No comments:

Post a Comment