Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I did it!!!

It brings me much joy to share that I successfully completed the 2013 Portland Marathon!!!  It was a surreal, amazing experience.  I think I'm still on an endorphin high.  I have so many photos and reflections to post, but it may take me some time to get everything organized. 

Therefore, for now, I'll just provide you with my stats for the race: official time = 4 hours, 10 minutes, 9 seconds; pace per mile = 9 minutes, 32 seconds; average speed = 10.1 KPH or 6.3 MPH; place in my division = 151st out of 643; place out of all female finishers = 788th out of 3,537; and place overall with all finishers = 2,254th out of 6,813.

They also provided me with information that puts this statistical information in a very ego-boosting format: I finished ahead of 77% of the women in my division; I finished ahead of 78% of all women; and I finished ahead of 67% of all finishers.  Furthermore, the website reports that I passed 223 runners (and 26 passed me) in the final 5 miles.  I certainly wasn't in the elite pack out front, but I can still feel like I didn't completely fail on the course.  My training paid off!  Many of my training partners did incredibly well, too, so we can all rejoice. Halleluiah! 

Now that the numbers are out of the way, stay tuned for a more thorough, personalized report at some point in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment